As part of our commitment to the Python community, we are pleased to announce that we offer special grants for people in need of a financial aid to attend EuroPython. Please follow the instructions below to apply for a grant.
Financial Aid Sponsor for EuroPython 2019:
We are sponsoring financial aid with 15,000 EUR this year.
We offer financial aid conference grants in these 3 categories:
Free ticket. Get a standard ticket for the conference for free (including access to conference days (Wed-Fri), Beginners’ Day workshop and sprints.). Note: training passes are NOT included in the free conference ticket.
Travel costs. We will cover the travel costs pro rata, depending on what you are applying for.
- Accommodation. You can get partial refund for the accommodation.
Note: the social event is NOT included in the EuroPython 2019 conference tickets. You will have to purchase separate tickets if you want to attend the social event.
EuroPython is the a wonderful place to meet and share your experience for Python developers from Europe and all around the word. Our goal is support people which want to make Python community better: conference speakers and tutorial presenters, active people from small Python communities and open source contributors.
Our grants are open to all people in need of financial aid. We will specifically take into account the following criteria in the selection process:
Contributors: potential speakers/trainers of EuroPython (people who submitted a proposal) and all who contribute to EuroPython and/or Python community projects.
Economic factors: we want everybody to have a chance to come to EuroPython, regardless of economic situation or income level.
Diversity: we seek the most diverse and inclusive event possible.
How to apply
The application form is closed.
- TBD - open the finance aid grant opportunity
- TBD - the deadline for submitting the applications
- TBD - applicants will be notified by e-mail about acceptance or rejection
- TBD - deadline for applicants to accept the grant
- TBD - last day when we accept invoices
Free ticket: the individual coupons will be generated for a free ticket.
Accommodation and Travel grant: all grants involving reimbursements will be reimbursed by PayPal or bank transfer after the conference. Please send us your receipts (hotel invoice, plane/bus/train ticket) before the conference to approval.
- The maximum total amount of grant will not exceed the amount of 300 € per person.
- If the applicant will not accept the grant before the mentioned deadline, the grant will considered rejected by applicant.
- Not approved invoices will not be reimbursed.
- Reimbursements before the conference, or via other means such as cash are not possible.
- The financial aid grants will only be made available to registered attendees actually attending the conference.
- Transfers to other people are not possible.
If you find that you cannot attend the conference for some reason, please send an email to email@example.com informing us, so that we can allocate the funds to someone else.
Become a special Diversity sponsor!
You or your company can support our diversity and finaid initiative by becoming a sponsor. We have a special options “Financial aid sponsor” and “Financial aid donation” in the list of sponsor options, that can be booked separately or be included in the sponsor package.
Check the sponsor brochure for more information and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the sponsor work group directly email@example.com.
Bring new sponsor and get free ticket for EuroPython 2019!
See you at EuroPython in Basel!